HOW TO: THE MOST AMAZING BRIDAL BOUDOIR PHOTO SHOOT
My clients come to me for all kinds of milestones.
A birthday...Turning 30, 40, 50, 60, 70!
A newly transformed body
...Or maybe just because!
But one of the greatest joys for me and my stylists is to work with brides for their bridal boudoir photo shoot. There's excitement, glamour, a bit of bridal indulgence, but most of all the heightened sentimental romance of it.
After her shoot, when a bride returns for her album/viewing appointment with me, she often finds herself a bit emotional -- in the most positive way possible. Often times, brides think their intention of a bridal boudoir photo session is to create the best groom's gift idea. But they quickly realize that this experience is a game-changer for THEM. A pre-wedding gift to herself that she never anticipated.
It's a stress-free, totally indulgent spa day that helps the bride relax, get away from all the frenzy to feel utterly beautiful. She gains a sense of assured sensuality as she approaches her wedding day.
Some brides purchase it for themselves, whereas other brides have opened bridal registries with me so that other loved ones can contribute to this ultra-special bridal shower gift.
One of my favorite brides was referred to me by my friends at The Wedding Establishment, located in Red Bank. It is THE ultimate resource in the tri-state area for brides, and I have the great fortune to be their exclusive bridal boudoir photographer.
When Ms. T stepped into the studio, I knew she was something special. This gorgeous, fiery bombshell had a special something... A sense of confidence in herself that was so refreshing. She was humble and modest and yet such a strong, confident woman. I immediately knew I loved this client in an instant. She has such a gentle way about her --and yet is also sensually ferocious. She was not afraid to explore her daring side, including various states of undress.
I think it is still among one of my most artistic and stunning bridal shoots to-date.
Ms. T was kind enough to let us share how beautiful she is and shared some words about her own experience.
This was a wedding gift for my future hubby! I left the box on the dresser for him to open the morning of our wedding. (Sidenote reaction: swoon! How romantic!) It’s liberating to create something beautiful for the person you love in such a personal and sensual way.
Hey Ms. T, Why did you choose Cate Scaglione as your photographer?
Cate is the absolute best! She is beyond professional, talented, kind, creative and makes the whole experience unique. Couldn’t be happier with everything from the makeup, the shoot, the mood all the way to the final project.
Looking back on your session, is there anything you would have done differently?Absolutely not. I can’t wait to come again.
(Sidenote reaction: Hmmmm! Maybe a future maternity session Ms. T....wink, wink)?
So let's talk a bit about what Ms. T did so well in this session that made her look extraordinary.
1. Makeup! She was not afraid to go a bit sultry and her makeup. Most brides ask for a natural look, which is great for the everyday. But she took it a step further to be a smoldering bombshell that matches her sensual side. Our makeup artist Miranda Richards did an extraordinary job highlighting her amazing bone structure and accentuating her tiger eyes. THOSE EYES THO!
2. Letting Go! Ms. T was excited about her session. In fact, she told me she could barely sleep the night before. She came in with zero expectations other than feeling confident and ready. This sense of laissez-faire freedom made her look authentically seductive, and I guided her through how to get the right emotions to shine through.
3. Self Assuredness! Ms. T had begun a fitness regimen which gave her an added boost of confidence. While she said she wasn't at her wedding day goal yet, she displayed amazingly confident curvaciousness that is enviable by anyone looking at these images. She was so proud of the work she'd done at the studio, she had zero reservations about allowing us to inspire others. (Sidenote reaction: OMG... Booty hall of fame on this lady! We will build her a shrine over here LOL)
4. Lingerie Wardrobe Ideas! Ms. T came with an insanely sexy dark ensemble (Navy blue was a unique and stunning choice for her!) and she knew the silhouettes that would suit her gorgeous body. She also came with a lighter, sweet delicate white lingerie set -- but Oh Em Gee it was off the charts sexy. Bare Necessities, Agent Provocateur, and Sweetest Sin Boutique in Red Bank are among my client's favorite places to buy lingerie.
5. Just be herself! Ms. T did not come to me with copycat shots or inspiration boards of other people's shots. Instead, she was confident we would come up with her own unique brand of sexy that suited her personality and her body. Ms. T came ready to have fun and relax. We poured the prosecco, turned on some sultry music, and she was able to feel her inner lingerie model shine through loud and clear.
UM>>> Mission Accomplished Ms. T!
I cannot have enough to say about this stunning beauty except that I look forward to the day I can get her back here to shoot with me. SHE. IS. EVERYTHING.
Are you a bride-to-be interested in a bridal boudoir photo shoot? Brides are our royalty here at the studio, and we go the extra mile to make her experience better than any other possible boudoir photo shoot.
OK gorgeous Bride it's your turn... Click here to inquire.